Not just for Solo Divers but also for any diver that wishes to become more self sufficient underwater.
Self Sufficency = The ability to look after ones self. Learn to rely on yourself first before others, but also be better prepared to assist a buddy in difficult circumstances..
Read my Blog Post on Solo Diving
The course has 4 components:
- Home Study - Padi course notes will be emailed to you.
- Classroom session.
- Shallow Water session - Assessment of your current skill level. Introduction to new skills and practise.
- Open Water Dives - 1 from the shore and 2 ocean dives from our boat.
What you need to know
- Course cost US $440
- You need to be Padi Advanced Open Water qualified or equivalent from another agency.
- You need to be 18 yrs or older.
- You need to have proof of 100 logged dives.
- You need to have excellent basic dive skills and be willing to follow strict safety protocols.
- You will need a full set of personal dive gear plus safety equipment for this course.
- The loan of extra gear, spare gear, plus a pony bottle with regs is included but you need to own and bring all the gear you will regulary dive with plus the required safety equipment for this course.
- This course is not just about "passing the skills test", you will be required to demonstrate that you have the correct "mind set" for independent diving.
This course takes 2 days + to complete. This timing and the costing presumes that you have excellent basic skills, if additional training time is required it will be provided at extra cost.
What you will learn
Why we use the buddy system and why Solo Diving is very special and requires a defined skill set.
The mental discipline, attitudes and aptitudes to engage in independent diving.
Safety equipment including DSMB's, redundant air sources and signalling equipment.
The importance of specific dive planning.
Management of independent diving problems and emergencies.
SAC rate, gas planning and management.
Videographers, Dive leaders, keen photographers and travelling divers (who always get "insta-buddies") will find the principles of this course beneficial even when they are not diving alone.
Divers interested in technical diving can apply the principles of this course to team diving, learning to rely first on themselves before relying on others.
This course qualifies as one of the 5 Speciality courses required for Master Scuba Diver Certification.
Booking your course
- Please book early, places for Scuba Diving in St Kitts are always limited (Small groups only!).
- Check the medical requirements for the course.
- Ensure you can devote the time to the course.
- Contact us for any advice if you are unsure.
We have an information sheet available, please contact me.