Use your St Kitts dive vacation to learn new skills and go beyond the Navigation skills you learned in your Open Water and Advanced Open water courses.
In the warm, clear waters of St Kitts, learn to navigate with a Compass, navigate using Natural Navigation, and safely find your way back to your entry point.
The course has 3 components:
- Home Study - Padi Navigation Manual and Video.
- Detailed dive preparation and briefing - Safety equipment, dive planning and dive techniques.
- Open Water Dives - 4 ocean dives from our boat completed in 2 days.
What you need to know
- Course cost US $425
- You need to be Padi Open Water qualified or equivalent from another agency.
- Juniors can take this course at 10 yrs old.
This course takes two days to complete.
What you will learn
How to plan, organize and make navigation dives.
Use of a compass as a navigation aid.
Use of natural navigation aids.
How to prepare and follow an underwater map.
How to estimate distance underwater.
Descents that aid navigation.
Dive patterns that aid navigation.
Finding a dive site again (relocation).
After mastering the basic skills, you will be actually doing the navigation during this course. The best way to learn is to practise, this course allows plenty of enjoyable dive time and navigation practice.
This course qualifies as one of the 5 Speciality courses required for Master Scuba Diver Certification.
Booking your course
- Please book early, places for Scuba Diving in St Kitts are always limited (Small groups only!).
- Check the medical requirements for the course.
- Ensure you can devote the time to the course.
- Contact us for any advice if you are unsure.
We have an information sheet available, please contact me.